About the Foundation
In 1998 interested alumni of the University of Birmingham (UK) created the University of Birmingham USA Foundation. According to its By Laws, the Foundation exists to:
- To facilitate and promote the sharing and exchange of information and educational activities between the students and faculty at the University of Birmingham and in the United States.
- To conduct and sponsor joint educational activities and research projects with university students and faculty in the United States.
- To provide scholarships and fellowships to qualified United States graduate students and research associates to study and train at the University of Birmingham.
- To promote the interests and welfare of the University of Birmingham.
- To advance the values of impartial inquiry and dedicated scholarship which the University of Birmingham furthers among its students, faculty, and alumni/ae and within the world educational community.
The Foundation is a recognized independent 501(c)(3) charity under the laws of the United States, and provides United States residents with a means by which they can make tax-deductible donations for the benefit of the University. The Foundation, at its discretion, makes donations to support the University and its activities. The Foundation's tax return is available here.
The Foundation also works with the University of Birmingham USA Alumni Society (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/alumni/ouralumni/international-alumni/index.aspx.) in support of various alumni events throughout North America.
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors, and managed by Executive Officers.
Board of Directors and Executive Officers
Roger O. Pelham
(BSc Chemical Engineering 1960)
(M. Soc Sc. Development Administration, 1982)
(BSc Chemical Engineering 1987)
New York, New York
Professor David Eastwood
Vice-Chancellor and Principal
University of Birmingham